MAT THERAPY at Reflections Recovery
At Reflections some of the behavioral therapies and counseling methods we use are:
- Psychiatric Evaluation – an evaluation to diagnose emotional, behavioral, or developmental disorders.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – the goal is to improve mental health and disorders that may arise as a result of mental illness.
- Dialectical behavioral therapy – works to treat borderline personality disorder, mood disorders and behaviors like self-harm, suicidal ideation, and substance abuse among other issues.
- Individual and group-counseling – each client deserves individual help and attention, while group therapy can help strengthen interpersonal relationships among other benefits.
- Psychoeducation – providing education through counseling for patients and their loved ones regarding mental health and addiction issues.
- Trauma-informed care – treating the person as a whole and taking past trauma into account during treatment
- Motivational Interviewing – works to resolve ambivalence and find internal motivation to change behaviors.
- EMDR – Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing: the goal is to diminish negative memories associated with traumatic events.
Medicated Therapy at Reflections
What is suboxone and how long does suboxone stay in your system?
- Suboxone is a prescription medication that combines buprenorphine and naloxone used to treat opioids.
- It helps manage pain and helps relieve symptoms of withdrawal.
- It can take over 8 days before suboxone is no longer detectable in your system.
- Reflections does suboxone tapers – not maintenance.
- With suboxone tapers we can admit someone who is on suboxone or methadone, but will immediately start to taper them off. The suboxone taper process can take 3-4 weeks
- Side effects can include: headache, anxiety, insomnia, weakness or fatigue among other symptoms.
As previously stated, Reflections will not do maintenance but will work with each client to immediately begin a taper off suboxone. At Reflections, we also believe in nutrient therapy which is a holistic way of supporting the biochemistry of the brain.
The health of one’s brain plays a significant role in their overall health and substance abuse disorders. We will never force a client to take medication they are uncomfortable with. Instead, we will work with them through various evaluations to determine what is best.
We have an incredible and highly qualified team who will work with each client individually using MAT and all resources that are available. Our staff will be there through every step with therapy, counseling, and any necessary medication-assisted treatment.